This page provides an overview Subpart W reporting through e-GGRT. More detailed information regarding the Subpart W reporting can be found in the Subpart W Webinar.
Once you have added Subpart W to the list of subparts you will report and clicked on the "Open" link next to Subpart W you will see the following screen:
Click image to expand
An integrated reporting form that combines all of the Subpart W segments by source type as listed in 98.236 is available for download at Reporting Form Instructions.
You may also refer to Optional Calculation Spreadsheet Instructions to download the Subpart W calculation spreadsheet. The EPA has also posted a [Subpart W Calculation Tool Updates] page (contains errata and assistance) to help Subpart W reporters identify and correct issues in the earlier versions of the optional Subpart W Calculation Tool.
Subpart W include eight segments which separate reporting requirements:
- Offshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Production
- Onshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Production
- Onshore Natural Gas Processing
- Onshore Natural Gas Transmission Compression
- Underground Natural Gas Storage
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Storage
- LNG Import and Export Terminals
- Natural Gas Distribution
Please prepare a separate version of the reporting form for EACH segment for which your facility must report. The Subpart W upload page as shown above will allow the user to upload multiple reporting forms. Only one reporting form may be uploaded for each segment; if you attempt to upload a reporting form representing a segment that has been previously uploaded the new file will over-write the previous.
All facilities will use the Subpart W Introduction page of the reporting form to identify the facility, the GHGRP Facility ID, the segment being reported, and several other data items. This page also provides a summary of emissions by source for the segment. Reporters in the Onshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Production segment will prepare a page basin and sub-basin identification page. The remainder of the the Subpart W reporting form is organized by source including:
- Subpart W Introduction
- Sub-Basin Selection
- Natural Gas Pneumatic Devices
- Natural Gas Driven Pneumatic Pumps
- Acid Gas Removal Units
- Well Venting for Liquids Unloading
- Gas Well Completions and Workovers
- Blowdown Vent Stacks
- Gas from Produced Oil Sent to Atmospheric Tanks
- Transmission Tanks
- Well Testing
- Associated Gas Venting and Flaring
- Subpart W Flares and Flare Stacks
- Centrifugal Compressors
- Reciprocating Compressors
- Other Emissions from Equipment Leaks Estimated Using Emission Factors
- Local Distribution Companies
- Enhanced Oil Recovery Injection Pump Blowdown
- Enhanced Oil Recovery Hydrocarbon Liquids Dissolved CO2
- Onshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Production and Natural Gas Distribution Combustion Emissions
- Offshore Sources
If you intend to make a request to use Best Available Monitoring Methods (BAMM) for Reporting Year 2014 that request must be submitted through e-GGRT by September 30, 2013. e-GGRT has a revised Subpart W BAMM request module which will be used for all Subpart W BAMM requests. For more information on this module click Subpart W BAMM Help.
After you have successfully uploaded the upload page will be updated to reflect the file you have uploaded. During the upload e-GGRT will generate a validation report which will list potential deficiencies or issues with your reporting form.
Click image to expand
If you attempt to upload a file but your file is not accepted by e-GGRT it is generally because your files has a fatal flaw or is missing essential data - e-GGRT calls these fatal errors screen errors. The reason why the file was not acceptable is displayed as a screen error message on the upload page. For an example of a screen error message, see below.
Click image to expand
Click on the Subpart W: View Validation link to review your validation report. An explanation of the validation report and the process for correcting validation issues prior to submission is presented in Reporting Form Validation
Once you have addressed the validation issues to the extent you believe necessary and address the requirements if any other applicable subparts you must generate, review, certify, and submit your annual report as described in How to Submit an Annual Report
- Subpart W Rule Guidance
- Subpart W Rule Language (eCFR)
- [Subpart W Calculation Tool Updates]
- Part 98 Terms and Definitions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Webinar Slides
- Additional VOLUNTARY Reporting for Natural Gas STAR Partners Please note that Gas STAR data is not due until April 30 of each year.