|Please note that when using BAMM, reporters are still required to use the calculation equations in the rule but may use alternative means to determine the inputs to those equations.
"EPA will allow owners or operators to use BAMM for parameters in 98.233 Calculating GHG Emissions as specified in paragraphs (f)(2), (f)(3), and (f)(4) of this section.”
Please refer to 40 CFR 98.234 (f) for further details.
All facilities are required to report the use of Best Available Monitoring Methods (BAMM) and Missing Data for each applicable source using the three data cells pictured below which appear near the top of the page for each source in Subpart W.
The two data element associated with BAMM are:
- Were BAMM used for any parameters to calculate GHG emissions? (Yes or No) 98.236(c)(7) - As noted this is a "Yes" or "No" question. Please note that "Y" or "N" and "yes" or "no" are not valid answers to this question because these answers are not accepted in the XML reporting schema. This question must be answered.
- Provide a brief description of the BAMM used, parameter measured, and time period BAMM was used during the year.
If a facility or supplier used BAMM for all or part of the reporting year, both in the case where BAMM was automatically granted under the rule and where the use of BAMM required EPA approval, you must answer "Yes" to the first question. If you answer "Yes", you are also required to report the following information per §98.3(c)(7):
- a brief description of each best available monitoring method used,
- the parameter measured using the method, and
- the time period during which the best available monitoring method.
These data must be provided for each parameter for which BAMM was used to support reporting under this source category.
If missing data procedures were used to support the reporting of any data withing this source category, you must answer Yes to the third question pictured above. Again the response this question must be either Yes or No. Use of "Y" or "N " or lower case "yes" or "no" are not valid. The question must be answered either the word "Yes" or the word "No"