This page provides an overview of Subpart W reporting through e-GGRT. In certain instances, content on this page will be updated for Reporting Year (RY) 2016 and has been noted accordingly.
More detailed information regarding Subpart W reporting can be found in the Subpart W Webinar (to be updated for RY2016).
If you are starting out reporting for Subpart W, you must begin at the facility overview screen. Add Subpart W to the list of subparts you will report and click on the "Open" link next to Subpart W. You will then see the following screen (to be updated for 2016):
Click this link to expand
Subpart W Reporting Form
An integrated reporting form that combines all of the Subpart W segments by source type as listed in 98.236 is available for download at Reporting Form Instructions.
You may also refer to Optional Calculation Spreadsheet Instructions to download the Subpart W calculation spreadsheet.
Subpart W includes ten industry segments with separate reporting requirements:
- Onshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Production
- Offshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Production
- Onshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Gathering and Boosting
- Onshore Natural Gas Processing
- Onshore Natural Gas Transmission Compression
- Onshore Natural Gas Transmission Pipeline
- Underground Natural Gas Storage
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Storage
- LNG Import and Export Terminals
- Natural Gas Distribution
Please prepare a separate version of the reporting form for EACH industry segment for which your facility must report. The Subpart W upload page as shown above will allow the user to upload multiple reporting forms. Only one reporting form may be uploaded for each industry segment; if you attempt to upload a reporting form representing a industry segment that has been previously uploaded the new file will over-write the previous file (see the February 2015 webinar for information about source-specific reporting).
The Subpart W RY16 reporting form includes the following worksheets:
- Subpart W Introduction
- Onshore Production Facility Level Requirements (98.236(aa)(1))
- Facility Overview (98.236(aa)(2-11)
- Natural Gas Pneumatic Devices (98.236(b))
- Natural Gas Driven Pneumatic Pumps (98.236(c))
- Acid Gas Removal Units (98.236(d))
- Dehydrators (98.236(e))
- Well Venting for Liquids Unloading (98.236(f))
- Oil and Gas Well Completions and Workovers with Hydraulic Fracturing (98.236(g))
- Gas Well Completions and Workovers without Hydraulic Fracturing (98.236(h))
- Blowdown Vent Stacks (98.236(i))
- Atmospheric Storage Tanks (98.236(j))
- Transmission Storage Tanks (98.236(k))
- Well Testing (98.236(l))
- Associated Gas Venting and Flaring (98.236(m))
- Flare Stacks (98.236(n))
- Centrifugal Compressors (98.236(o))
- Reciprocating Compressors (98.236(p))
- Equipment Leaks (98.236(q,r))
- Offshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Production (98.236(s))
- Enhanced Oil Recovery Injection Pump Blowdown (98.236(w))
- Enhanced Oil Recovery Hydrocarbon Liquids (98.236(x))
- Combustion Equipment at Onshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Production, Onshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Gathering and Boosting, and Natural Gas Distribution Facilities (98.236(z))
Reporters should take note of the new items in the RY16 reporting form described below:
Well completions and workovers have been separated into two tabs: (g) Completions and Workovers with Hydraulic Fracturing, and (h) Completions and Workovers without Hydraulic Fracturing.
Oil Well Completions and Workovers with Hydraulic Fracturing is a new emission source in RY2016, and is reported in the same tab as gas well completions and workovers with hydraulic fracturing (tab (g)). Reporters use Equations W-10A and W-10B in 40 CFR 98.233(g) to calculate emissions from oil wells with a gas to oil ratio (GOR) of 300 scf/STB or greater. For oil wells where Equation W-10A is used and the gas production rate (PRs,p) is not metered, reporters use equation W-12C to calculate PRs,p.
Only emissions from gas wells are reported for Completions and Workovers without Hydraulic Fracturing (tab (h)).
A tab has been added for Onshore Production Facility Level Requirements listed in 98.236(aa)(1) that includes a new table (Table AA.1.iii) for reporting Well Identification Numbers in the Onshore Petroleum and Natural Gas Production. Well-specific requirements identified in 40 CFR 98.236(f), (g), (h), (l) and (m) are consolidated into this table to simplify reporting.
BAMM requirements, including the eligible emission sources, have changed for Reporting Year 2016. Certain eligible reporters were able to use BAMM from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016 for the 2016 reporting year without prior approval from the EPA. For more information, see Subpart W RY2016 BAMM FAQ.
Completed Subpart W Reporting Forms
After you have successfully uploaded your reporting form, the upload page will be updated to reflect the file you have uploaded. During the upload e-GGRT will generate a validation report which will list potential deficiencies or issues with your reporting form (to be updated for RY16).
Click this link to expand
If you attempt to upload a file but your file is not accepted by e-GGRT it is generally because your file has a critical error or is missing essential data - e-GGRT calls these critical errors screen errors. The reason why the file was not acceptable is displayed as a screen error message on the upload page. For an example of a screen error message, see below.
Click this link to expand
Click on the Subpart W: View Validation link to review your validation report. An explanation of the validation report and the process for correcting validation issues prior to submission is presented in Reporting Form Validation
Once you have addressed the validation issues to the extent you believe necessary and address the requirements if any other applicable subparts you must generate, review, certify, and submit your annual report as described in How to Submit an Annual Report
- Prior Year Help
- Subpart W Data Deferred Until March 2015
- Subpart W Rule Guidance
- Subpart W Rule Language (eCFR)
- Part 98 Terms and Definitions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Webinar Slides (to be updated for RY16)
- Additional VOLUNTARY Reporting for Natural Gas STAR Partners Please note that Gas STAR data is not due until April 30 of each year.