EPA has developed an XML reporting schema that allows facilities to upload their greenhouse gas (GHG) data directly in lieu of using the web forms provided through the Electronic Greenhouse Gas Reporting Tool (e-GGRT). Reminder: EPA has changed many of the global warming potentials (GWPs) that XML submitters must use to prepare their annual reports for 2013 and 2014. For a complete list of all GWPs and the years they apply see: e-GGRT Global Warming Potentials.
After February 6, 2015 the schema Version v5.2 must be used for all RY2014, RY2013, RY2012, RY2011, or RY2010 reporting. The XML reporting schema version v5.2 is still under development but most components of that schema are final with the exception of Subparts C, Subpart W, and the supporting schema related those subparts. To assist the reporting community, EPA is making those schema which are final available to the public incrementally at the following page: Draft RY14 XML Schema and Reporting Instructions.
Reporting instructions for XML submissions will be posted below by subpart are applicable to v4.2 of the schema. Additional instruction for reporting and inputs XML are being prepared at this time and made available incrementally at our Incremental Release Page. To keep informed on future updates to XML reporting instructions subscribe to the e-GGRT RSS feed.
- Subpart C XML Reporting Instructions for RY2013 (pdf, 2/17/2014) (941k)
- Subpart D XML Reporting Instructions for RY2013 (pdf, 3/5/2014) (769k)
- Subpart W XML Reporting Instructions for RY2011b (pdf, 8/6/2012) (2710k)
- Subpart X XML Reporting Instructions for RY2013 (pdf, 3/6/2014) (1509k)
- Subpart Y XML Reporting Instructions for RY2011a (pdf, 3/19/2012) (2,098k)
- Subpart PP XML Reporting Instructions for RY2013 (pdf, 3/14/2014) (1297k)
In addition EPA is providing the following supporting materials:
- A list of XML file examples providing the XML reports for commonly reported categories and configurations can be found on our Additional XML Examples page (not yet available).
- A list of Known Issues for XML reporters can be found here: http://www.ccdsupport.com/confluence/display/help/XML+Known+Issues
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) concerning e-GGRT XML Reporting can be found here: http://www.ccdsupport.com/confluence/display/faq/XML+Reporting.A list of critical validation errors which prevent XML reports from being certified and submitted along with strategies for resolving these issues an be found at .
- An archive of RY2010, RY2011, RY2012, and RY2013 XML reporting instructions can be found at Archived XML Reporting Instructions.