EPA has developed an XML reporting schema that allows facilities to upload their greenhouse gas (GHG) data directly in lieu of using the web forms provided through the Electronic Greenhouse Gas Reporting Tool (e-GGRT). Reminder: EPA has changed many of the global warming potentials (GWPs) that XML submitters must use to prepare their annual reports for 2013. The table below highlights a few of the GWPs that have changed. For a complete list of all GWPs and the years they apply see: e-GGRT Global Warming Potentials.
|Comparison Of Selected RY2013 GWPs with RY2013 GWPs|
|Example Compound||RY2012 GWP||RY2013 GWP|
|Nitrous Oxide (N2O)||310||298|
After February 8, the schema Version v4.2 must also be used for all RY2013, RY2012, RY2011, or RY2010 reporting. The XML reporting schema version v4.2 and supporting materials are published below:
- e-GGRT XML Reporting Schema RY2013 - v4.2 (ZIP, 02/03/2014) (188K)
- Changes Made in the e-GGRT XML Reporting Schema Since RY2012 v3.1 (XLSX, 02/03/2014) (22k)
Until February 8, 2014, XML-based submissions should be formatted based on Version v3.1 of the schema.
Reporting instructions for XML submissions will be posted below by subpart when they are available. Additional reporting instruction are being prepared at this time. Subscribe to the e-GGRT RSS feed to keep informed on future updates to XML reporting instructions
- Subpart C XML Reporting Instructions for RY2013 (pdf, 2/17/2014) (941k)
- Subpart D XML Reporting Instructions for RY2013 (pdf, 3/5/2014) (769k)
- Subpart W XML Reporting Instructions for RY2011b (pdf, 8/6/2012) (2710k)
- Subpart X XML Reporting Instructions for RY2013 (pdf, 3/6/2014) (1509k)
- Subpart Y XML Reporting Instructions for RY2011a (pdf, 3/19/2012) (2,098k)
- Subpart PP XML Reporting Instructions for RY2013 (pdf, 3/14/2014) (1297k)
In addition EPA is providing the following supporting materials:
- A list of XML file examples providing the XML reports for commonly reported categories and configurations can be found on our Additional XML Examples page (not yet available).
- A list of Known Issues for XML reporters can be found here: http://www.ccdsupport.com/confluence/display/help/XML+Known+Issues
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) concerning e-GGRT XML Reporting can be found here: http://www.ccdsupport.com/confluence/display/faq/XML+Reporting.A list of critical validation errors which prevent XML reports from being certified and submitted along with strategies for resolving these issues an be found at .
- An archive of RY2010, RY2011, and RY2012 XML reporting instructions can be found at Archived XML Reporting Instructions.